I understand that as the hirer of Pacific Beach Function Centre, that I agree to comply with the terms and conditions of hire as set out below.
- A non-refundable deposit of $1000 is payable with your booking form.
- You will be invoiced prior to your function for the balance of the hire.
- The balance of the hire is payable 60 days prior to your function date.
- All hire cancellation must be provided in writing. In the event, the hire is cancelled within 60 days of your function date, refunds will be processed in line with the follow percentages: <45 days – 60%, <30 days – 40%, <15 days – 20% on receipt of bank details.
- As the COVID-19/coronavirus situation evolves the safety of our clients and team is paramount. Our deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable; however, we are more than happy to provide a credit and/or move your event to a preferred date to be used within 18 months from the date of your original booking.
Service of Alcohol and Use of Bar:
- As Pacific Beach Function Centre is a licenced venue, it is required to adhere to Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) requirements. These requirements must be observed by both Pacific Beach Function Centre and the hirer at all times.
- All alcohol served within the centre and adjacent areas associated with the hire of the centre, must be supplied and served by Pacific Beach Function Centre accredited staff.
- It is an offence to bring alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks onto licensed premises or to consume beverages within centre surrounds including the lawn and car park.
- The centre hire includes accredited bar staff to serve 80 guests
- Additional bar staff are required for larger events at an additional cost to the hirer.
- Table service is not part of the hire agreement.
- All musicians, DJs and entertainers must be pre-approved by Pacific Beach Function Centre.
- At all times, speakers must be located internally within the centre and noise must be keep below 92 decibels as determined by the centre’s liquor licence.
- Noise levels will be monitored throughout the function to ensure noise levels are adhered to.
- Pacific Beach Function Centre reserves the right to adjust the volume to the required decibel limit; failure to comply with agreed noise levels may result in the music been turned off or performances ceasing.
- Vendors must be pre-approved by Pacific Beach Function Centre.
- Vendors wanting to access the centre must obtain approval prior to the function.
- Vendors will be required to provide insurances and food licenses (if applicable).
- Outside planners and coordinators are NOT permitted as we do have an onsite Wedding Planner and Coordinator. This is so your day runs as smoothly as possible.
- It is an offence to smoke within 4 metres of a buildings entrance, per Tobacco and Other Smoking Products Act 1998.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to be familiar with the Smoking Management Plan and to alert guests to the plan.
- If cigarette butts are found in the club surrounds a fee will be deducted from the bond.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the Pacific Beach Function Centre including the balcony.
- There is a designated smoking area on the beachfront lawn.
- It is prohibited for any person to use, sell, purchase or be under the influence of any illegal substance on the premises (including external areas).
- Adhesives, pins or any items or materials of similar nature are not permitted to affix decorations to the ceiling, windows, bar, fans, walls or floors.
Conduct within the Club and Environs:
- The hirer is to take all reasonable steps to ensure the responsible behavior of all guests.
- Persons creating a disturbance will be asked to leave the centre immediately.
- A $250 call out fee will be deducted from the bond if the Venue Manager is required to attend the site due to unruly behavior or abuse towards staff.
- Guest shoes must always remain on, including children.
- The use of confetti or sparkling objects and smoke machines/dry ice is not permitted; with the exception of eco-confetti.
Candles are confined in candle holders that ensure no wax drips on tables or floors.
- We ask guests to be considerate of our neighbours and to leave in a quiet and orderly manner.
Beach Front Lawn:
- The grassed area and surrounds (including driveway) on the beach front is used to train, prepare and maintain lifesaving equipment.
- Volunteer beach patrols are undertaken annually from September to April; the grassed area is utilised by Pacific SLSC to set up and pack up these activities on weekends and public holidays.
- Café 1291, located under the Pacific SLSC is open 6am – 12pm 7 days a week utilising the grassed area and surrounds for café patrons. Ceremonies on the beach front lawn can only commence from 2:30pm.
- Ceremonies on the beach front lawn must conclude by 4:30pm to allow volunteer beach patrols time to safely pack up their gear and equipment.
- Use of the beach front law must be pre-approved by Pacific Beach Function Centre.
- Emergency services access to the beach is required at all times.
- Total room capacity for seated guests shall not exceed 120 guests.
- Total room capacity for standing (cocktail style event) shall not exceed 160 guests.
Duration of Functions:
- All functions are to conclude with all guests vacating the building no later than 11pm.
- In line with the centre’s liquor licence, the balcony doors will be closed at 10pm.
- Sound systems that need more than 15 minutes to pack down must finish earlier allowing for the extra time required to do so.
- Removal of all decorations, props and dishes are required immediately after functions end to allow for our cleaning contractors to clean and prepare the centre for the next event.
- Pacific Beach Function Centre does not hire the club for 18th birthday parties.
- Consideration for birthday parties is conditional and at the discretion of Pacific Beach Function Centre.
- Management may engage licenced security staff, who will be present for the entire function.
- The number of security staff will be determined by Pacific Beach Function Centre and may incur additional costs to the hirer.
- Any additional cleaning or repairs to damage that is required as determined by Pacific Beach Function Centre will be deducted from the bond.
- Bar tab payments MUST be received in full 48 hours prior to the event.
- Additional tab payments can be added on the night but must be paid in full by hirer at the time of the request.
- Any requests for specific beverages must be agreed and paid for in full 48 hours prior to the event.
- A $500 credit card bond preauthorisation will be processed up to 72 hours prior to the event.
- If no credit card is available a $500 Bond will be invoiced and paid in full 72 hours prior to the event.
- The $500 bond will be released/refunded 2-3 working days after your event upon Management’s satisfactory approval.
- Functions will not be considered confirmed until the deposit of $1000 has been received by Pacific Beach Function Centre together with acknowledgement of the above terms and conditions.
- The hirer of the centre shall indemnify and keep indemnified Pacific Beach Function Centre from against all actions, claims, loss and damage of any nature whatsoever, including loss of life, personal injury and damage to property, including Pacific Beach Function Centre, Pacific SLSC and facilities, arising out of the hire or use of the Pacific Beach Function Centre by the hirer